Should I Update to iOS 16 Beta on iPhone?
The World Wide Developer Conference (WWDC) 2022 will be held from June 6 to June 10. The public keynote will be presented live on Apple’s YouTube channel or Apple.com on the first day (June 6). Apple will, most likely, announce iOS 16, iPadOS16, watchOS 9 and macOS 13 during the presentation. Everyone is excited about iOS 16 and its new features. But should you update to iOS 16 right away, as soon as it is released? Read more to find out.
Reasons Why You Should Update to iOS 16
Update: iOS 16 is now official.
- iOS 16 includes the biggest update ever to the lock screen. You can add widgets to the lock screen. The lock screen will also get a new ‘Live screen’ activity feature. There is also a new Wallpaper Gallery.
- iOS 16 Lets You Edit and Undo Send Messages on iPhone.
- SharePlay is going beyond FaceTime, coming to Messages.
- iOS 16 has added a new feature called ‘Safety Check’.A big reason you might want to update to iOS 16 is the new features. Everyone would want to be able to try out new features as soon as they are released. Although nothing is official right now, we have some peek into what we could potentially see in iOS 16. According to a famous Apple leaker, Mark Gurman from Bloomberg, Apple is set to announce quite many features for iOS 16.Mark believes that iOS 16 would bring a new way of interacting with your iPhone. The first one of them is widgets on the lock screen. Lock screen widgets could be a great addition to iOS. They will let you control music, check your devices’ battery percentage, and more without unlocking your iPhone. The second prominent feature that could be a part of iOS 16 is always-on display (AOD) support. This, however, could be exclusive to the upcoming iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max. In addition to these, Mark also claims that iOS 16 will see new social network-like features in iMessage— particularly in the audio messages department. There could be more features that we do not know anything about.
However, these features will only come one by one, slowly, in several beta updates of iOS 16. So if you want to be among the first ones to try out the new features of iOS 16, you can update to the iOS 16 beta. However, like any other beta release, updating to the iOS 16 beta has its cons too. Here’s why you should not update to iOS 16.
- Beta regrets? Here’s how to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15
Reasons Why You Should NOT Update to iOS 16
Although the new features of iOS 16 are tempting, there is a heavy price to those features you might have to pay. Beta updates are generally not very good. They are buggy and thus cause too many problems. You may even brick your iPhone.
Some of the common iOS 16 issues are heavy battery drain, frequent app crashes, booting problems, low touch response, etc. You may face these issues with the iOS 16 beta build. It is not advisable for you to update to iOS 16 beta unless you are willing to take the risk or are a developer who wants to try out the new update.
It is not worth taking the risk for normal users with little to no knowledge regarding beta updates. They should wait for the stable build. The stable build of iOS 16 will be released in September 2022 alongside the launch of the iPhone 14 series.